- Lead Teacher for Freedom-Together BIPOC Mindfulness Teacher Training yearlong program
- Meditation Coach at Ten Percent Happier app
- Teacher with Dharma Homies Teacher Collective
- Retreat Teacher at Inward Bound Mindfulness Education, where I am on the Teachers Advisory Committee, teach week-long meditation retreats, and Faculty for the yearlong Teacher Training program.
- One-to-one session work with clients (Organic Intelligence and Dharma Mentorship)
- Teach daylong professional development in mindfulness for public school teachers
- Co-founder, ally, and teacher of Young Adult Sangha at East Bay Meditation Center (EBMC)
- Coordinate and teach meditation for teenagers at the weekly Teen Circle at EBMC in Downtown Oakland, and a similar series of teen classes at Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Marin.
- Teach mindfulness in high schools including Drew School, Lowell, Crystal Springs Uplands, Lick Wilmerding, and Urban School of SF.
- Co-Founder and Co-Facilitator of "Deepening into the Heart of Insight"-- an 8-week Trauma-Informed Mindfulness course
- Co-lead a daily morning mindfulness group 7 days/week since March 2020.
- Teach yoga and mindfulness to underserved young adults of color at YearUp and COOP Careers
- Facilitate the Multiracial deep refuge group at EBMC
- Leader and practitioner of co-counseling workshops and one-on-one sessions since 2007; Assistant Teaching classes and workshops for Men of Color ending Sexism and Male Domination, US'ers ending US Nationalism, People of Color healing from internalized oppression, teenagers, and allyship of all kinds.
- Other passions include social justice, sports, nature-connection, and silly games.
TRAININGS + CERTIFICATIONS
- I graduated from UC Berkeley in 2004 and worked for five years at UCSF and Harvard doing scientific research on the psychological outcomes and benefits of mindfulness-based practices. (Academia left me feeling separated from the teaching and group facilitation work I love, so for the past 15 years I have been thriving in the world of relational healing, mentorship, and education)
- Yearlong Meditation Facilitator training led by JoAnna Hardy and Vinny Ferraro in 2017
- Completed the 3-year Organic Intelligence practitioner training (HEARTraining) 2016
- Heart and Mind Curriculum certification for teaching mindfulness to elementary schoolers in 2013
- Yearlong Commit2Dharma program led by Larry Yang at East Bay Meditation Center in 2011
- Community Dharma Leader program participant (CDL6) at Spirit Rock 2019
- I have practiced Buddhist meditation since 2003 including 200 days of silent retreats at Spirit Rock, Insight Meditation Society, and CA Vipassana Center, as well as extended periods of practice in a monastery in Thailand
- I also create laser-cut art with themes of healing and justice